Wednesday, June 11, 2008

List Building Creates Leveraged Traffic

First of all, what is leveraged traffic? Leveraged traffic is traffic that you get in some multiple after you have created the initial traffic.

For example, I generate about 150-200 unique visitors per day, that are brand new visitors. Then, I use list building to leverage them several times over. By using list building, I can leverage that initial traffic into about 700 800 unique visitors per day. The way that it works is that instead of trying to sell someone something the first time they come to my web site, instead I offer them something free.

This entices them to join my email list, and then I can send them to my sales pages in the future. That way I can get up to 5 times as many hits to my web pages than if I settled for just the traffic to my site the first time.

And of course it will work for you.

One of the most important things you need to do (you can see an example of this at the end of this article) is to create a squeeze page for your web site, and drive your traffic to this squeeze page.

A squeeze page is a web page that has as its only function the opting in of subscribers to your email list. There should be no other outgoing links on your squeeze page. Someone should not be able to get into your web site through any means other than if they opt in through your squeeze page. The key idea here is that you are online to make a living, to take in an income, right?

So if someone will not give you even their name and email address, so you can build an online relationship with them, what are the odds that they will ever give you their credit card information?

You see, some people are trusting online. Some people are not trusting online. And you only want to deal with the ones that are trusting online. Period. And the squeeze page is an excellent method for screening out the trusting ones from the untrusting ones. Let the ones who will never by anything online, go to your competitors web site and eat up bandwidth and take all their freebies. I prefer to give my freebies to people who trust me enough to give their name and email address, and a certain percentage of them will buy from me on down the road.

Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to article marketing success, Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide

Download it free here: Secrets of Article Promotion

Sean Mize is a full time internet marketer who has written over 1574 articles in print and 11 published ebooks.

Repaired Shower Wall Framing

No comments: